A huge opportunity for any students in the business school or any other faculty for that matter. In this competition students can practice their phone-conversation skills (that means speaking not texting)
Some key facts about the Outbound Sales Competition:
- The finalists get their 2018 ICC registration paid for – up to a $250 value!
- Top five finalists receive an additional cash award
- 1st place – $750.00
- 2nd place – $300.00
- 3rd place – $200.00
- 4th place – $150.00
- 5th place – $100.00
- It is a great learning opportunity/professional development activity
- Students get immediate feedback from the judge to improve their communication skills
- Round 1 is only a three-minute call!!!
- Sample audio of a call is available, so students know what to expect
- It might lead to a job opportunity!
Round 1 is an awareness and interest building call with the goal of securing agreement for a follow-up conversation (3 minute call); approximately 30-50% will advance to the Semi-Finals. The Semi-Finals is a listening call in which students will conduct a Needs Assessment, with the end goal being to secure a final meeting to close the deal (max. 7 minutes); approximately 10-15 students will make the finals.
In the Finals, students will review what they had learned from the earlier meetings and try to obtain agreement on a contract. The Finals will be conducted via video-conferencing software. Finalists will receive free registration to the International Collegiate Conference in New Orleans, and the Top 5 Finalists will additionally receive a cash award.
Registration opens on September 6th. An AMA member ID and a current resume is required at the time of registration.
For more details see: https://www.ama.org/students/Pages/Outbound-Sales-Competition.aspx